Gallery

05 October 2011

Embrace scroll shelf brackets-Part4

Hi Everyone!

Well we're almost there! Today I have been busy attaching the hanging hardware and routing a small cove profile on the edges of the mitered parts.




Using a mortising jig to rout out the exact shape of the blind  keyhole hanger I'll be using to hang the brackets . I have to place two hangers for added strength and therefore the two will have to line up precisely . I added a couple of stops to the jig to ensure perfect alignment of the two hangers.

The freshly cut recesses for the hangers. Now all I have to do is drill some clearance holes for the heads of the screws.

At the drill press equipped with a 3/8" diameter drill bit, drilling the clearance holes for the head of the screws . 

Routing a small cove profile to the edges of the mitered parts. This will complement the scrolls quite nicely and it also breaks up the hard square edges of the mitered parts. Here I have butted two boards together to create a more stable base for the palm router.  

A close-up of the cove profile. 

Thanks for looking!

Roshaan

No comments: