Gallery

10 October 2011

Embrace scroll shelf brackets-Part5 final

Hello Everyone!

Well this is it...the final part to this project! The next part will be when I reveal the finished product! So please make sure to return for the reveal.

After a trying glue-up of the bracket parts, I cut some slots in the miters for splines. These splines will further strengthen the miters. I cut the slots using a shop made sled which helps me slide the brackets safely over the running saw blade.

Gluing the splines in place. I used some of the left over oak  and sized them to fit the slots exactly. 

Trimming the splines flush using my appropriately named flush-trim saw. I love this saw!

The most exciting part is applying the first coat of finishing oil and seeing the wood just come alive (bracket on right)!  Here I'm applying a few coats of a durable Tung oil finish.


I will give the oil finish a few days to cure and then I will send it off to my client. 

Please check back in for the reveal!

Thanks for looking!
Roshaan

No comments: