Gallery

04 October 2011

Embrace scroll shelf brackets-Part3

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back for part 3 of this project! I must apologize for the delay in posting, but I have a couple of projects on the go and this past weekend I gave a woodworking demo for a Culture Days event which was organized by the Richmond Arts Council. It was my first demo and I couldn't believe how much work goes into such an event. I had a wonderful time talking to people about woodworking and it just made my day to see them actually listening :) Anyway back to the project! 


Just starting my first few cuts on the scroll saw. The oak is really hard and tends to burn easily. To prevent my cuts from suffering this fate I simply placed a few strips of clear packing tape over my pattern. As the cuts are being made the heat generated from the blade will melt the tape thus acting as a lubricant for the blade.  

Continuing to cut out the rest. It was neat to see the negative scrolls coming out of the cuts.  Hmmm ...I think I will do something with those...unless my client would like them as a souvenir :) 

All the finished parts of the bracket ready for a dry-fit. It is taking shape quite nicely.



That's it for now folks! We're almost there so please come back for the completion.

Thanks for looking!

Roshaan 



No comments: