Gallery

07 July 2011

Custom Orchid Picture Frames - Part 2

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back for part 2 of my newest project!

I attach the top cut-out to the bottom part of the frame using double stick tape.  I use some simple right angle alignment jigs to perfectly align the parts. 

I rout a recess on the back of the frame assembly where the interior orchid  is situated. I  do this so that the orchid will sit directly on the glass. I then fill in the recess with shop scraps to make it level with the back.

I then use the scroll saw to carefully cut out the orchid and the window of the frame. 

Using an mdf template made to fit the frame precisely, I rout the recess or rabbet on the back of the frame which will house the glass, matted picture and back panel. 

Thanks for looking!

Roshaan

No comments: