Gallery

12 July 2011

Custom Orchid Picture Frames - Part 3

Hello,

Welcome back for part 3! I am having so much fun with these frames! 

Now that I have cut the interior orchid and the window of the frame, I carefully remove the top cut-out with
a putty knife. This is a slow process, but it is the safest way I can think of.

I then use the table saw and miter gauge to cut miters on the back parts of the frame. These parts will help to  provide clearance of the picture turns

I glue the mitered parts to the back of the frame, making sure to use cauls to fully adhere the parts. To make the glue up 
go smoothly, I first glue each opposing corner, then complete the glue-up by bringing these two corners together at a later stage.




A detail shot of the miters.




Thanks for looking!

Roshaan






No comments: