Gallery

20 March 2011

Raven inlay Jewelry and Make-up Boxes-Part Final

Hello,

Well, this is it! The final installment of the duo of boxes. In this part I will be applying a finish and putting on the final touches.



The finish I'm applying is a tough wearing tung oil. It also gives the walnut a warm finish and makes the grain really come alive.




After the finish has cured for a couple of days, it is now safe to handle without getting finger smudges on the fresh finish. I apply a rich brown felt to the bottom of the jewelry box and the upper tray. The make up box will simply have a nicely finished wooden interior. I also reattach all the brass hardware to finish everything off.

I really enjoyed this project and I hope you did too!

Please stay tuned for the reveal.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: