Gallery

22 November 2010

Alberta Rose Recipe Box - Part 7 final

Hi Everyone!

Well, this is it! Finishing time!


I have treated the inside of the box a little bit differently than the outside. I applied several coats of a water based brush on finish on the inside and on the outside of the box I applied 5 coats of a penetrating oil finish. I do this solely because the oil finish have a tendency to maintain a lingering unpleasant odour when it is applied to an enclosed space, such as the insides of boxes, drawers and cabinets.

I choose to treat the outside of the box with a penetrating oil finish, because it brings out the natural grain and color of the wood and leaves the surface with a nice hand-rubbed finish.
After I waited for the box to cure for about a week, I replaced all the hardware and attached some clear pads on the bottom of the box to finish it off.
That is it for this project! I think it turned out great. Please come back next time for the reveal.
Thanks for looking!
Roshaan

No comments: