Gallery

12 March 2011

Raven inlay Jewelry and Make-up Boxes-Part 8

Hello Everyone!

The boxes are really taking shape now. I will continue with the glue-up and separate the lid from the bottom in this part.

As soon as each corner is glued and any waste cleaned up, I can insert the top inlaid panel and the bottom panel in the grooves.

Now all I have to do is spread some glue on the remaining corner joints and bring the two halves together. Notice how I have the glue blocks already taped in place so I'm not scrambling around later to find some. Organization is truly important in any glue-up


The box snugly in clamps and just waiting for a cure :)

After the glue has dried and the sides cleaned up, I cut the lid apart from the body of the box. I make sure not to cut all the way through to prevent the parts from binding and causing a safety hazard. I just leave a sliver of wood between the lid and the body and use a hand saw to complete the separation.


At the bench using a sanding base to flatten the top edges of the box and lid.
Well that's all for now folks! Please stay tuned for part 9!
Thanks for looking!
Roshaan







3 comments:

Heather said...

It's looking fantastic! I can't wait to see what it'll look like with the finish.

RM said...

I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Heather said...

I know I won't be. Your work is exquisite.