Gallery

19 January 2011

Double Twelve Domino Set - The Reveal

Hi Everyone!

Well here you have it! The completed double twelve domino set! I had a great time building this one-of-a-kind project.

I used nicely figured Eastern Maple for the box. Notice how I carried the figure to the front of the box? This also complements the walnut I used for the divider and the domino backs quite well.






I added a divider to the box, thus creating a pencil "niche". I think it is a great way to keep the pencil at hand for keeping score!

Since the dominoes will get a lot of wear and tear, I decided to finish them with a harder finish such as a spray polyurethane. To the box however, I simply applied about 5 coats of Danish oil finish to bring out the beautiful grain and depth of the maple.
Thank you for looking!
Roshaan



No comments: